About Me

My photo
A little about me! - I grew up in Atlanta, GA, and moved to Richmond, VA in 2001. - I was Home-Schooled - I have three older sisters, even our dogs are girls. -I also love art and plan to teach high-school art. We'll see if I survive, but so far, so good!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fred Tomaselli

Finally!
My sister got married in Florida and even though it was only one day out of this summer, it took up about two months of constant devotion... so I finally made it back to my blog!

Fred Tomaselli was born in California in the mid 1950's and he is best known for his highly detailed paintings on wood panels, combining an array of unorthodox materials suspended in a thick layer of clear, epoxy resin. I saw his piece Woodpecker in the VMFA and was completely enamored by the detail. I love to have tons of little details in my work, but I don't have the patience for it, so I notice and appreciate details, even when they seem frivolous. 

Look at this detail!

No comments:

Post a Comment