About Me

My photo
A little about me! - I grew up in Atlanta, GA, and moved to Richmond, VA in 2001. - I was Home-Schooled - I have three older sisters, even our dogs are girls. -I also love art and plan to teach high-school art. We'll see if I survive, but so far, so good!

Friday, August 12, 2011

Fuco Ueda


Fuco Ueda is a Japanese artist who paints with acrylic (which she thins to achieve a watercolor effect) and powdered mineral pigments on paper, cloth, and on wood. Her paintings describe a bizzare world, dominated by female characters, and various nature elements (animals, marine fauna, flowers, bees, mushrooms etc.). She address many cultural and societal issues especially female sexuality through her work.

One fan said, "I stumbled upon Fuco Ueda's work and had to look at every single piece in her online gallery. Her work is full of the microscopic, the undersea, girls with discheveled hair, the surreal and the dirty. I think I'm in love."

I dont think I'm in love, but I thought I would show something a little different than my normal "pretty" and "cute" stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment