About Me

My photo
A little about me! - I grew up in Atlanta, GA, and moved to Richmond, VA in 2001. - I was Home-Schooled - I have three older sisters, even our dogs are girls. -I also love art and plan to teach high-school art. We'll see if I survive, but so far, so good!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Takashi Itoh

I promise to bring you the weird and the wonderful (maybe), so behold Takashi Itoh, the watermelon carver. This tradition originated some 700 years ago in Thailand as a festival to thank the Soul of the Water. The people would decorate lanterns and send this down the river... this somehow, over 700 years, turned into ornate watermelon carvings. (The story doesn't make sense to me, but this stuff is incredible). In all honesty, I have never seen anything like it, so I thought Takashi Itoh deserved a place among my 50 artists.
This would take me years!
How about a watermelon portrait for your party?

Apparently inspired by Picasso


Words cannot describe how strange this is

No comments:

Post a Comment