About Me

My photo
A little about me! - I grew up in Atlanta, GA, and moved to Richmond, VA in 2001. - I was Home-Schooled - I have three older sisters, even our dogs are girls. -I also love art and plan to teach high-school art. We'll see if I survive, but so far, so good!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Bill Watterson

Now my real secrets come out... This guy is basically my childhood hero. He is the writer and illustrator of the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes. Now you have to understand, I was a fairly sheltered child so when I went to my grandfather's house, my sister and I would steal pepsi's out of the fridge, crawl under our beds, and read Calvin and Hobbes; we were such rebels! So for me, Watterson's work is the root of all the mischief I accomplished in my childhood, and there was a lot.
It's possible my sister and I tried this...
On an artistic note, why I love his illustrations so much is the simplicity. Of course it's a comic trip so simplicity is key, but something about his lines just inspires me to mischeif. It's as though he captures childhood in every gesture.

No comments:

Post a Comment