About Me

My photo
A little about me! - I grew up in Atlanta, GA, and moved to Richmond, VA in 2001. - I was Home-Schooled - I have three older sisters, even our dogs are girls. -I also love art and plan to teach high-school art. We'll see if I survive, but so far, so good!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Sue Williams

Sue Williams is an artist who fills her paintings with sexual motifs rendered in strokes of vivid color coupled with fluid, cartoonish energy. I must not know what to look for, because I don't see what is supposed to be seen in this painting (spiky heels, pointy shoes, big toes, and feet). I just thought it looked like a fun painting, bursting forth with life and energy, which I think is what she wanted me to see.
"People don't often talk about the fact that my work is funny, but that's definitely one of my criteria. I'm really happy if the paint comes out well and it's a really goofy image, like a new dumb take on toes."

No comments:

Post a Comment