About Me

My photo
A little about me! - I grew up in Atlanta, GA, and moved to Richmond, VA in 2001. - I was Home-Schooled - I have three older sisters, even our dogs are girls. -I also love art and plan to teach high-school art. We'll see if I survive, but so far, so good!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Saxton Freymann

Saxton Freymann is an artists, much like my last artist, who uses fruits and vegetables as his medium. But unlike my last artist, I think this guy is really quite talented. He gives character and life to things that we normally just eat, and he uses them as illustrations for children's books. So now he really has high points in my book. I stumbled across his work in middle school actually and I was impressed most by the confidence he must have to approach the art world and say "I use fruit." 
His work reminds me of all those 'found object sculpture' assignments that I dreaded, only he made something that people love, and he was fairly successful. 
Call it what you will but I think it's art.
I wonder if he eats it when he's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment