About Me

My photo
A little about me! - I grew up in Atlanta, GA, and moved to Richmond, VA in 2001. - I was Home-Schooled - I have three older sisters, even our dogs are girls. -I also love art and plan to teach high-school art. We'll see if I survive, but so far, so good!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Beth Howard

This is another Barbie "artist" I found via Etsy (one of the best places ever to find anything). She has come up with a series called "Barbie Murders" that I find fantastic! Really, I wish I had thought of this first. The best part about what Howard does is that she sells her art as post cards, greeting cards, and prints. And she mass produces them, just like the real Barbie. There really isn't much else I can say other than take a look and be, uh, surprised.

Hanging Collection
One reviewer of hers said "These elegantly staged, kind-of-terrifying photos depict Barbie suffering all sorts of terrible fates. If a dude shot these, they'd probably be evidence of serial-killer tendencies, but since (she's) a woman, they're clearly just a commentary on how gender identity can be negatively influenced by heavy Mattel."


Gunshot

I guess it goes without saying that I really don't like the idea of Barbie in general....

Bondage Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment