About Me

My photo
A little about me! - I grew up in Atlanta, GA, and moved to Richmond, VA in 2001. - I was Home-Schooled - I have three older sisters, even our dogs are girls. -I also love art and plan to teach high-school art. We'll see if I survive, but so far, so good!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Philip Bannister

Philip Bannister studied at Batley College of Art in the West Riding of Yorkshire, and after first working in advertising and design became a professional illustrator. 
"My traditional illustration techniques are used to create pictures with zest and drama, spontaneous and thoughtful, historically literate and fresh as today, with maybe sometimes a hint of mystery."
This is the work that reminds me of my sister.
I love his work, first off because it reminds me of my sister. She is a very passionate persona and infuses every situation with life and joy. I feel as though Philip captures this spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment