About Me

My photo
A little about me! - I grew up in Atlanta, GA, and moved to Richmond, VA in 2001. - I was Home-Schooled - I have three older sisters, even our dogs are girls. -I also love art and plan to teach high-school art. We'll see if I survive, but so far, so good!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Francesco Clemente

Francesco Clemente was born in Naples on March 23, 1952, and he is an Italian painter. For the majority of his carrer Clemente lived and worked in both New York City and India. Much of his work through the 1970s reflectes his interest in the contemplative traditions of India. His art, to me, is very surrealist. Which in most cases, I don't like, but i do find several of his works very beautiful. I know that he seeks to reach beyond our normal ways of viewing the world, but some of his work does go beyond my comprehension. My favorite of his series is his portrait work becasue he is able to infuse life into the people he depicts.
Keith Haring 1982-1987
One of the peculiar developments in our Western world is that we are losing our sense of the divine side of life, of the power of imagination, myth, dream and vision.
After Attar's "The Conterence of the Birds" VIII 2010
Time 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment