About Me

My photo
A little about me! - I grew up in Atlanta, GA, and moved to Richmond, VA in 2001. - I was Home-Schooled - I have three older sisters, even our dogs are girls. -I also love art and plan to teach high-school art. We'll see if I survive, but so far, so good!

Friday, August 12, 2011

Esao Andrews

Esao Andrews is an American painter, working with oil on wood panels. His work blends Gothic, grotesque, erotic and surrealism. 




Honestly, I came across him because I saw this picture, and I was a little creeped out because it looks like my sister.




Andrews says that he is constantly looking for new subject matter becasue he does not want to become known for one subject. Andrews also says when asked about "good vs evil" in his work that he thinks more along the lines of dominant versus subordinate; that he is attempting to catch a moment of mystery or deviousness in his work. He also said "...I'm afraid of becoming labelled. I'm young and I'm early in my career, but things have been picking up, and I've become obsessed with this issue. Like, I don't want to be known as one of those people that paints wide-eyed girls. I've been trying to diversify my subject matter and not necessarily always include funny elements like I usually do."



No comments:

Post a Comment