About Me

My photo
A little about me! - I grew up in Atlanta, GA, and moved to Richmond, VA in 2001. - I was Home-Schooled - I have three older sisters, even our dogs are girls. -I also love art and plan to teach high-school art. We'll see if I survive, but so far, so good!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Saimir Strati

So I tried to avoid more mosaic artist, but this guy is really one of a kind!

Saimir Strati was born in Albania, April 11, 1966, and is a painter and mosaic artist. He specializes in 3-d mosaics and uses used materials including nails, toothpicks, corks, sea glass, eggshells, compact discs, coffee beans, porcelain and mirror glass among other materials.

Many of his mosaics and paintings are gestural in nature, but he also depicts DaVinci very realistically.

This mosaic is considered the World’s largest Cork Mosaic and is being assembled cork by cork on the side of a Sheraton hotel. The corks – all 300,000 of them – are arranged in layers giving the piece a stunning 3D effect.


This is his portrait of Leonardo Da Vinci, using half a million nails!



He has alot more work, and it's VERY impressive so visit his web site!

Also, for more fun with cork visit 25 Creative Works of Cork Art and Design

No comments:

Post a Comment