About Me

My photo
A little about me! - I grew up in Atlanta, GA, and moved to Richmond, VA in 2001. - I was Home-Schooled - I have three older sisters, even our dogs are girls. -I also love art and plan to teach high-school art. We'll see if I survive, but so far, so good!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Patrick Jouin


Born in 1967, Patrick Jouin is one of the leaders in contemporary design on the French and international scene. His is most know for the diversity of his sculptural work, as well as the quantity; he has over 46,000 designs in the urban landscape of Paris.
The piece I found that I like the most is called Oneshot.MGX Stool. It's hard to describe, so I stole the description from his website: "The One_Shot.MGX is a foldable stool which is manufactured by selective laser sintering as one complete piece; the stool emerges from the machine in its final form, complete with hinges that are concealed by the graceful structure of the stool itself. By virtue of gravity combined with a simple twist, an array of rods transforms, in one flowing movement, into a small, useful, strong seat."

No comments:

Post a Comment