About Me

My photo
A little about me! - I grew up in Atlanta, GA, and moved to Richmond, VA in 2001. - I was Home-Schooled - I have three older sisters, even our dogs are girls. -I also love art and plan to teach high-school art. We'll see if I survive, but so far, so good!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Gabriel Orozco

Gabriel Orozco is someone I found while combing through the MOMA collection. I originally was draw to his work because I thought it might have some strange meaning. But I actually took the time to read his about his work and I love it so much more now.
For Orozco, art is about the concept. This work is based on a precise formula and set of rules, it is about the  process. I love that! It reminds me of Sol LeWitt whose Wall Drawings have instructions that often can be expressed in different ways depending on the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment