About Me

My photo
A little about me! - I grew up in Atlanta, GA, and moved to Richmond, VA in 2001. - I was Home-Schooled - I have three older sisters, even our dogs are girls. -I also love art and plan to teach high-school art. We'll see if I survive, but so far, so good!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Kait Rhodes

Because I'm slightly obsessed with glass art (very slightly), here's another glass artist Kait Rhodes.

I just love how the light shines through the pattern
"At the start of my experience with glass I encountered an Italian Glass Master who exposed me to Venetian techniques of patterning glass. With the incorporation of these age-old techniques into my work, I strive not to copy my inspirations/instructors, but to be innovative and strike out along new paths."





Rhodes has an impressive resume of achievements and awards, but what I really love about her is that she actually accomplished what she set out to her. Her unique use of glass lends credibility to her work as not only a craft, but an art.


Necklace
Official Site

No comments:

Post a Comment