About Me

My photo
A little about me! - I grew up in Atlanta, GA, and moved to Richmond, VA in 2001. - I was Home-Schooled - I have three older sisters, even our dogs are girls. -I also love art and plan to teach high-school art. We'll see if I survive, but so far, so good!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Uma

In my search for new up-and-coming artists, I found an artist by the name of Uma. She is a self-taught artist  from Europe who started painting her dreams. Some of her works employ that "dreamlike" essence of surrealism, but her newest work is more organic, fluid (sometimes geometric) forms infused with color. She works a lot in pattern and movement, with an emphasis on the use of color. Her works range from simple to complex, but they are very interesting to me the way she uses line to convey motion and energy.

Cosmic Disorder


"Most of my paintings reflect my spiritual and life's experiences, 'strive to be unique and individual'
in the same way our souls have been created." -Uma

The Uncertain Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment