About Me

My photo
A little about me! - I grew up in Atlanta, GA, and moved to Richmond, VA in 2001. - I was Home-Schooled - I have three older sisters, even our dogs are girls. -I also love art and plan to teach high-school art. We'll see if I survive, but so far, so good!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Annette Messager

Annette Messager is a French artist who specializes in installations that incorporates photographs, prints, and drawings. She is also known for using children's toys, household objects and netting. Her works are based on a sense of identity, collective and individual. She uses fractions of photographs and prints to make up a whole; using netting, cropping, and placement of the pieces to have a "half hidden, half revealed" sense to the piece. Some of her pieces also explore the home as a "microcosm, a world in reduction." That idea is what her art seems to stem from; a world in reduction. Through this reduction and then magnification of details is what makes her works so compelling.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite artists. I love her mutant plush animals.

    ReplyDelete