About Me

My photo
A little about me! - I grew up in Atlanta, GA, and moved to Richmond, VA in 2001. - I was Home-Schooled - I have three older sisters, even our dogs are girls. -I also love art and plan to teach high-school art. We'll see if I survive, but so far, so good!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sam Taylor-Wood

Sam Taylor-Wood is a British artist known for her conceptual filmmaking and photography. Her film career is what she is best known for in the art world, but I would like to focus on her photography series "Self Portraits Suspended" (2004). This is a series of eight photographs where Taylor-Wood actually suspended herself in her studio (later editing out the wires) to capture what she called "a moment of absolute release and freedom." 

She followed her original "Suspended" series by "Bram Stokers Chair" (2005), and "Escape Artists" (2008).



No comments:

Post a Comment